Hello all! I've just realised i've been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is always nice, I was tagged by the lovely Corrine & also the amaazing Amber so thank you!
The basis of this award is to help promote blogs that aren't quite as popular as others, which I think is a fabulous idea. You can tag anyone who's got under 200 followers.
Here are the rules -
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs.
11 random facts -
- I'm a vegetarian I have been for about 7 years. I made this choice after watching a film in science about Intensive farming, and wasn't that keen.
- I have two Stafford shire bull terriers, and believe I can talk to them in perfect dog language.
- I'm embarrassingly messy, and I really hate that about myself. I hope once I move out, and have a lot more space I will become more tidy. But i'm worried this won't happen.
- My favourite sense is to smell. Whenever anyone is eating/drinking and they say it's good, I will normally ask if I can smell it, instead of having a taste.
- I became an auntie when I was 9. This may not seem like that big of a deal anymore, but at the time everyone just found it so odd that an auntie could ever be that young. (I just read that Corinne became an aunt when she was 5!! So this isn't that interesting anymore! Hahaha)
- I'm really not that serious of a person at all. I just thought i'd let you know that, cause i'm concerned maybe I come across a bit serious in my posts. I'm not.
- I went through a phase of collecting snow globes, but my nan still thinks i'm going through this phase, and haven't quite got the heart to tell her i'm not anymore, so whenever she comes back from a holiday, I will normally receive a snow globe from her, so now I have a whole shelve in my bookshelve devoted to snow globes... Which really I should use for something else!
- I'm very socially awkward. If a shop has a self checkout, I will normally run over to them, instead of being served by a normal person. Which I know is terrible.
- I think it's really funny when my facebook gets 'fraped', I know most people get a bit upset about it, and will delete it, but most of the time i'll just leave it there for a few days, and never delete it. I sometimes have 'mid life crisis's and even frape my own account, for a bit of a laugh.
- I'm 21, well 22 tomorrow.
- My favourite part of my body is my hair. Were not really agreeing much at the moment, since it's been shorter, but I love it most when it's long, so i'm waiting on that!
Questions from Corinne -
- Which blogger do you admire/inspires you the most? Zoe from Zoella & Meg from Wonderful You, I could read their blogs, and watch their videos forever!
- What would be your dream job? I would love to work in a film production, being a camera operator, and also a film editor, I really enjoy doing both.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? This may be a really boring answer, but I think it's going to have to be Brighton, I just don't think I would be able to adjust well living somewhere out of the UK, and I absolutely love Brighton.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done? Probably swearing by accident in front of my mum at the dinner table, obviously I swear, and my mum knows this, I just find it a bit disrespectful to swear in front of her.. So probably that.
- Did you think the world was going to end on the 21st December? No I did not.
- How do you think the internet will develop over the next 10 years? I think all household appliances will have the internet embedded into them, and everyone has to wear certain watch type things, which has the internet connected to it. Also we can view the internet anywhere, all you have to do is wear specific glasses, no one will even use computers anymore.
- What would you be doing now, if the internet didn't exists and would your life be richer or poorer for it? This is a really good question by the way! I think maybe i'd have a better job, as I'd be able to go to job interviews, without being a mess. Maybe the internet's the reason behind my socially awkwardness? Because we spend so much time typing to a screen, instead of actually talking to real people.
- Happiness is a choice. Discuss. I agree, I guess, if your going to just sit around, wasting your life away, that's your decision, even if you blame someone else, your still letting yourself waste your life. Where as if your getting up and enjoying it, I think it's down to you. I really found this question hard to put into a sentence, so sorry if it doesn't really make much sense..
- If there was a movie about your life, who would play you? I'd say either Natalie Portman or Zooey Deschanel, but if it could be anyone alive or dead, i'd like Audrey Hepburn also.
- Who is your favorite person in the whole world, either somebody you know or somebody famous? This is so cringy, and lame, but my boyfriend... Moving on.
[EDIT. Amber also asked me some questions, so thought i'd answer them also! Thaanks Amber!!]
Questions from Amber-
Questions from Amber-
- Why did you start blogging? It was just something i'd been thinking about for a while, and when I got made redundant from my job (it's okay, I hated it) I figured I'd have a lot of free time, and so here I am. And i'm so glad I did, everyone on here is sooo lovely.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I actually thought I was all creative and original in thinking that I made it up... But I realised it was a creature from Viva Pinata, which is a beloved game of mine.
- What type of blogs do you most like reading and why? Fashion or beauty ones, to get either inspiration, or just find anything new.. I'm also just really nosey..
- Where do you usually shop? BOOTS, I spend soo much of my time in Boots, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, (but I never buy anything.. Too poor) Lush & Bomb Cosmetics.
- How would you describe your style? I dunno really.. Messy hobo.
- Do you use any other fashion platforms such as lookbook or chictopia? Yes I have a lookbook.
- Take away or eat out in a restaurant? Bit of both, I love having a gross Dominos at home, but then sometimes I like going to TGI's or Nandos.
- How many countries have you been to and which ones? 3, Germany, France & Spain.
- Do you like the idea of blogger meet ups? Yeah, they seem pretty cool, i'd probably be terrified aswell if I did go, but i'd like to try it.
- What motivates you to keep blogging? I'd probably say other bloggers.
- What other hobbies do you have? Photography, Phoshopping, - (e.g, photos, making banners, anything really..) Filming, Film editing.
My Questions for Nominees -
- What is your favourite genre of music?
- Which beauty blogger would you be best friends with, if you could?
- What's you all time favourite drugstore make-up product?
- Your top 3 favourite films?
- Which trend/hype do you hate/or don't get?
- What's your beauty secret, that you swear by?
- Whats your favourite hair care to use?
- Who is your favourite actress & actor?
- What's your favourite scent?
- If you could be an animal or mythical creature, what would it be?
- Can you really fall in love at first sight?
My Nominee's -
- Grace from Other Infinities
- Gemma from Gemma Ferris
- Maya from Spider Leg Lashes
- Amber from Amber Love
- Ozel from Ozel
- Samantha from As Pretty As You Please
- Laura from ElleBlogsBeauty
- Katherine from Burgundy Beauty
- FloralDisaster from Floral Disaster
- Fiona from Fiona and Fashion
- Paige from Paige Humm
- Jamie from J4mie Johnston
(There is more than 11, I've just realised half of the people I originally selected have already been nominated!)
So sorry if any of you have already been tagged! If so just ignore this haha.
I'd like to say a big thank you to Corinne for nominating me, as it was a lot of fun, and can't wait to see how you guys answer!